The best place to view Vegas is also a great place to work! Make the move to join the excitement at Top of the World restaurant, located high above the Las Vegas Strip inside the iconic Stratosphere Casino, Hotel & Tower. Competitive pay, benefits, and a unique work environment (not to mention the view!) make Top of the World a special place to “elevate” your career!
Summary: Leads venue and staff during the assigned shift to ensure guests have a positive, memorable dining experience. Maintains expected standards of service, organization and management of daily operations, and mentoring of management. Resolves escalated guest and employee issues and performs the Assistant General Manager’s duties when needed. Ensures all rules, regulations and laws are followed. Maintains adequate inventory levels for the business volume. Protects the integrity of the collective bargaining agreement.
• Oversees operations on assigned shift, ensuring communication between front of the house and back of the house staff
• Trains, schedules, disciplines and develops management staff to ensure established standards are maintained
• Oversees standards of service and ensures they are properly maintained. Handles accordingly when standards are not met
• Analyzes financial information to make daily decisions regarding labor and food costs and with making adjustments to production levels and staffing as necessary
• Ensures quality presentation of product and cleanliness of room
• Leads management and host team to maximize guest covers through reservation management system
• Maintains a working knowledge of wine varietals
• Performs other duties as assigned
• 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience in a full service restaurant environment, preferably in a gourmet or fine dining room
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and strong leadership skills
• Proven successful experience maintaining appropriate labor costs
• Proven experience managing and developing management personnel
• Understanding of Profit & Loss, budgets, forecasting, scheduling and collective bargaining agreements
• High school diploma or equivalent
Required Work Cards
• Alcohol Awareness
• Vision, speech, hearing and literacy (critical)
• Regularly required to stand, walk or stoop
• Occasionally required to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 35 lbs.
• Ability to work in a moderately noisy, smoky environment
To apply for this job please visit www.hrapply.com.