General Information:

Who needs an alcohol awareness card?

Bartenders, security officers, servers, pool and cabana hosts and anyone else working with alcoholic beverages or in the hospitality industry must have an alcohol awareness card. Effective July 1, 2007, Nevada Revised Statutes (“NRS”) § 369.630 requires owners or operators of liquor establishments who hire or employ persons to sell or serve alcoholic beverages, or act as security guards at such establishments, to ensure such persons complete a State certified Alcohol Beverage Awareness program and hold a valid alcohol education card, such as an Alcohol Daddy® card. These provisions apply to establishments in all counties whose population is 100,000 or more (Clark and Washoe Counties).

How do I get my alcohol card?

Getting your alcohol card is easy! Take the Alcohol Daddy® online course or attend one of our instructor-led classroom courses at the office. If taking the online course, you will need to schedule a 10-minute exam at the office to receive your card. The fee for the card is $25.00. If taking the classroom course, the price is $35.00 and you will receive your card after taking the exam. The office is located at 3160 S. Valley View Blvd, Suite 108, Las Vegas, NV 89102 (near Valley View and Desert Inn – map).

How long is the card valid for?

Your Alcohol Daddy® Alcohol Awareness card will be valid for 4 years. When it is time to renew, simply take the online or classroom course again to receive a new card.

Is your program certified?

Yes! Alcohol Daddy® is a Nevada State-certified Alcohol Beverage Awareness Program approved by the Nevada Commission on Postsecondary Education and meets employment requirements for alcohol awareness training. Your card will be accepted at any Nevada establishment or position that requires an alcohol awareness card.


What is a TAM® card?

TAM® stands for Techniques of Alcohol Management® and is a registered trademark of MLBA. A TAM® card is simply an alcohol awareness card issued by that company. Alcohol Daddy® is not affiliated with TAM® and does not issue out their cards. Upon successful completion of an official Alcohol Daddy® course, you will receive an Alcohol Daddy® card, which is equivalent to a TAM® card and accepted everywhere. Your card will be valid state-wide in all Nevada counties and municipalities for a period of 4 years.

What if I lose or misplace my alcohol card?

To get a replacement alcohol card, please contact us. The fee for a replacement card is $10.00 and will be picked up at the office.

Corporate and Liquor Owner/Management Information:

Do you offer on-site group training for employees as well as any discounts?

Yes! Alcohol Daddy® can come on-site and provide the training to all employees any day and time of the week that is convenient for your team. Alternatively, employees can take the online course on their own time and we will come out and do the testing at your location! Visit our Group Specials page for more information.

Please contact us with your training requirements or if you have any additional questions. 

Do you offer any other services or certification programs?

Absolutely! Alcohol Daddy® is is located in the same office as CPR SocietyLifeguard Society and Accelerated Fingerprints. Our affiliated companies provide services in CPR/AED/First Aid certification classesLifeguard classes and fingerprinting. Your employees can receive all of their certifications in ONE convenient location, located only 5 minutes west of the Las Vegas Strip!

4 offices