As a Beverage Server at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, you will serve as a tour guide in adventurous exploration. Will your dynamic approach you will personalize each guest experience providing a sometimes comfortable, sometimes energized, and always friendly atmosphere.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
Duties include, but are not limited, to the following:
• Provides prompt, courteous service to guests while maintaining a friendly and pleasant atmosphere at the bar or in the pool area.
• Provides quality service to both internal and external guests, specifically maintaining established quality standards for timely food and beverage.
• Follows company standards of hospitality by making eye contact with every guests, smiling and offering a warm and friendly greeting with the proper verbiage: Good Morning, Afternoon, or Evening, thank you, ma’am or sir, may I”.
• Provides exceptional service that differentiates us from the competition.
• Places order with bartender, inspects order for quality, collects and adds appropriate garnish, places on tray and serves to patrons with cocktail napkin.
• Demonstrates power to solve guest problems by assisting the guest and alerting the supervisor of any complaints.
• Maintains compete knowledge on all in house services and functions.
• Asks politely for the identification of any guest who appears to be under the age of 30.
• Clears tables and straightens all guest areas after each beverage is served.
• Places a fresh cocktail napkin down each time and continually caps ashtrays and replaces with clean ashtray. Just one cigarette butt is too many.
• Up sells and suggestively sells menu items, specials and beverages at all times.
• Makes every effort to learn guest names and uses names to say, “Mr. or Mrs. Smith.”
• At least 6 months of experience in a bar, lounge, nightclub or full service restaurant.
• Must have or be able to obtain a valid Food Handlers Safety Training Card and Alcohol Awareness Card.
• Working knowledge of POS systems.
• Comprehensive knowledge of pertinent Food and Beverage codes and regulations, including SNHD.
• Excellent guest service and communication skills.
• Ability to read, write and communicate verbally in English.
• Ability to present self in a professional, pleasant, confident and well groomed manner.
• Ability to work effectively with employees, guests, management and other departments.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Ability to perform basic and intermediate math.
• Ability to work flexible hours.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
PHYSICAL, ENVIRONMENTAL & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a CoStar to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in high volume professional foodservice environment and throughout the property in all locations. Must be tolerant to varying conditions of noise level, temperature, illumination and air quality. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud. A casino environment typically allows smoking.
Constant contact with executives, department management, applicants, CoStars and guests is necessary. Requires prolonged sitting or standing and mobility. Requires bending and reaching. Requires transporting, pushing, pulling, and maneuvering items weighing up to 50 lbs. Requires eye/hand coordination. Requires use of professional foodservice equipment and machinery. Requires basic math. Requires the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols. Ability to and comply with Policies and Procedures, Job Description, daily memorandums, chemical labels (MSDS) and other instructions.
To apply for this job please visit hrapply.com.